BALSAM MASK 2 IN 1 FORTIFYING: RASAYANA
As you know, I love very much the heart and the philosophy of this company and I am happy with the constant trust and availability are shown towards me. It was an honor for me to have had the opportunity to meet Luana and Stefano in person with whom it was possible to fully understand the philosophy of the company and discuss the use of their respective products.
Rasayana is truly an Italian reality that respects the environment, the health of Man and that of animals, where ethics and quality have always been key priorities to guarantee the well-being of ourselves but also of the environment that surrounds us.
During the fair, it was also possible to focus on what was the inspiration for Rasayana for its wonderful products.
Everything was born from the mere passion for Ayurveda, the branch of ayurvedic medicine that deals with rejuvenation, longevity and the attainment of immortality, through practices and rituals of improvement of one’s body, which remove disorders and diseases. Because if the body is not in balance, immortality cannot be achieved.
The name Rasāyana is, therefore, the union of the Sanskrit terms “rasa” (essence) and “Ayana” (path). Therefore Rasāyana literally means “the path to the essence”.
This is the concept from which Luana and Stefano set out to give birth to their splendid range of products.
The new products presented enrich the hairline consisting of Restructuring Shampoo, Purifying Shampoo, Delicate Shampoo and Strengthening Detangling Balm. Of these last two products, I have already had the opportunity to talk about them in their respective reviews.
The innovations have won the hearts of those who, like me, are passionate about the Ayurvedic world and use their curative herbs and dry cleaners in their beauty treatments.
The novelties, therefore, are the 2 in 1 Strengthening Balm Mask and the 2 in 1 Restructuring Balm Mask, both of which are based on the principles of Ayurveda to contribute to a healthier appearance and long life of our hair.
The idea of creating a 2-in-1 product was born from the need for versatility, that is to create a unique product that could act as a balm but also as a mask, which nourished but did not weigh down the hair. A product that is easy to keep in the shower and to use differently depending on the time available.
Furthermore, we wanted to make Ayurvedic herbs easier to apply on the hair even for those who have no time or practice to make long or laborious compresses.
Like all other products, Ayurvedic herbs with revitalizing, fortifying and restructuring properties have also been selected for the Balsam Masks and have been made to work in synergy with active herbal and cosmetic ingredients with similar properties, for a complete and balanced action.
The first mask that I had the pleasure of using on my hair is the Balsamo 2 in 1 Fortifying Mask, a product formulated to give a 2-in-1 action: as a strengthening mask on fragile hair or as an invigorating balm for damaged and stressed hair.
- Shea Butter: precious natural dermo-related and dermo-compatible ingredient and rich in fatty acids, unsaponifiable, vitamin A and vitamin E. It has an anti-inflammatory and repairing action. Protects against atmospheric agents, cold and temperature changes. It is very nutritious and therefore helps to repair and protect the hair fiber.
- Linseed oil: this oil is indicated for the treatment of damaged hair. It is rich in essential fatty acids, proteins, and vitamins that nourish and help repair and protect the hair fiber. Counteracts dryness and restructures damaged hair.
- Methi: it is also called Greek hay and is a plant to which Ayurveda recognizes many properties including that which strengthens hair, counteracting its fall and promoting its growth. Trigonellina (an alkaloid) and phytoestrogens contained in seeds and leaves promote hair growth, counteracting thinning.
Prevents dandruff due to its antifungal and antimicrobial action. It has a polishing, strengthening and volumizing action, for bright and full of life hair. The seeds and leaves are rich in alkaloids, amino acids, flavonoids, saponins, mucilages, vitamins, minerals, oleic acid, linoleic acid, and linolenic acid. Proteins perform a reinforcing action, lecithin (a natural emollient) not only reinforces but also gives hydration. Mucilages also have an emollient action. The high content of flavonoids (polyphenols) with antioxidant action protects against free radicals and slows aging. Also, the tannins contained between the fibers contribute to the antioxidant action that protects the cells from free radicals.
- Wheat proteins (phytochelatin): fortifying and anti-aging cosmetic active. Gives strength, light, and volume even to fine hair. It has a moisturizing and soothing action. Containing proteins similar to those of hair and nails, they are able to repair the entire structure of the hair, from the root to the tips, make volume by supporting the stem and also make the hair smoother by smoothing it, reducing its porosity. They create a film that covers the entire stem and gives shine and light.
- Brahmi: another plant dear to Ayurveda that promotes hair growth, fights premature graying and fall, thickens the hair shaft preventing breakage and split ends. It is a real cure for hair and their health because it strengthens the roots and the stem, helps prevent scalp problems and the appearance of dandruff.
- Ginger (Adrak): is a root considered Rasayana from Ayurveda and used not only as a precious food but also as a cosmetic remedy to counteract the graying of the hair, the problems of the skin and in the treatment of the fall. Among its innumerable properties, it boasts of being an effective energizing, antioxidant and sebum-balancing agent. Stimulates hair growth.
PERSONAL EXPERIENCE AND HOW TO USE
Thanks to its dual-action it can be used in two ways:
- As a pre-shampoo mask/pack: Apply to dry or damp hair and hold for 10-15 minutes. Rinse and proceed with normal washing with the Rasayana shampoo indicated for your hair type. It is possible to increase the shutter speed according to the needs of the hair.
- As a post-shampoo conditioner: after shampooing, apply to wet hair and spread over lengths and ends. For best results, leave on for a few minutes. Rinse well.
I prefer the use of this kind of products as a conditioner / post-shampoo pack. I prefer to thoroughly cleanse my hair with a specific shampoo and immediately apply this product leaving it on for 20 to 30 minutes. Afterward, rinse everything with plenty of hot water.
I love to give myself this kind of cuddle while I am taking care of my body!
The time of a facial and body scrub and hair acquire all the functional active ingredients necessary for their health and beauty!
The result is a reinforced, soft, silky, brilliant and voluminous hair!